Otterlayer’s heat resistant split leg apron model A22-APB is a convenient and inexpensive solution for high heat protection needs. With a simple design, consisting of a piece of specialty fabric with securely stitched edges, a neck loop and ties at sides for securing around back as well as strings to tie around each leg in two places, these heat resistant aprons provide reliable protection from radiant and contact heat at a low cost.
Features of Otterlayer split leg foundry and aluminized aprons:
- Edges stitched for additional tear resistance
- Ties at top around neck, at sides around back, and in two places around each leg for a secure fit without loose edges
Aluminized PBI is a knit blend of PBI® and para-aramid blend fibers with an aluminized coating. Despite being extremely lightweight and supple, aluminized PBI provides superior resistance to abrasions and chemical solvents. Its lighter weight and flexibility provide wearers with greater comfort and reduced fatigue.
On its own, PBI is an organic fiber with very unique properties. It was originally developed for NASA’s Project Apollo, in response to the need for greater heat protection. It does not burn in air, melt or emit toxic fumes. The addition of paraaramid blend provides extra strength and abrasion resistance.
Protective properties of aluminized PBI clothing material:
- Light, comfortable and flexible
- Can withstand very high contact temperatures - withstands contact with objects at temperatures of 800°F+
- Excellent thermal, abrasion and chemical resistance
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Not recommended for heavy molten metal splash
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- PBI® / para-aramid blend fibers with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 7 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Heavy duty|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|