Otterlayer’s heat resistant foundry bib SLB-APB shoudl be used with a corresponding cape sleeve (can use different materials). It is easy and quick to attach this bib to the cape sleeve using pre-installed snaps, then just tie it around the back for a mroe secure fit.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized cape sleeves:
- Pre-installed snaps at top of bib allow easy attachment to cape sleeves
- Bib is 19” long from top to (point where it snaps on) to bottom
- Covers lower part of chest and stomach
Aluminized PBI is a knit blend of PBI® and para-aramid blend fibers with an aluminized coating. Despite being extremely lightweight and supple, aluminized PBI provides superior resistance to abrasions and chemical solvents. Its lighter weight and flexibility provide wearers with greater comfort and reduced fatigue.
On its own, PBI is an organic fiber with very unique properties. It was originally developed for NASA’s Project Apollo, in response to the need for greater heat protection. It does not burn in air, melt or emit toxic fumes. The addition of paraaramid blend provides extra strength and abrasion resistance.
Protective properties of aluminized PBI clothing material:
- Light, comfortable and flexible
- Can withstand very high contact temperatures - withstands contact with objects at temperatures of 800°F+
- Excellent thermal, abrasion and chemical resistance
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Not recommended for heavy molten metal splash
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- PBI® / para-aramid blend fibers with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 7 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Heavy duty|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|