Otterlayer’s heat resistant foundry 9” sleeves model SL1-BGU are an economic and convenient way to protect your forearms from extra heat or protect the garments underneath from wear.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized sleeves:
- 9” length
- Snap at wrist to prove more secure fit and limit sliding of sleeve down the wrist or up the arm
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.