Otterlayer’s heat resistant sleeves model SD3-BGU are the replacement sleeves for jackets and coats with detachable sleeves. They provide an economic and convenient way to protect forearms and arms from extra heat. Additionally, for applications where sleeves are fastest to become damaged or wear out, having detachable sleeves allows you to simply replace the sleeves instead of discarding an entire jacket or coat.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized detachable sleeves accessories:
- 18” length
- Snap at wrist to prove more secure fit and limit sliding of sleeve down the wrist or up the arm
- Snaps at top of sleeves to attach it to jacket or coat designed for use with detachable sleeves
- Allows you to use different sleeve and jacket materials for a better mix of protection vs. flexibility vs price levels
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.