Otterlayer foundry wideview overhood model H12-BGU provides coverage for head from all sides and also partially coveras chest, shoulders and back. The wide view window at the front is securely attached using high-temperature resistant hook and loop material.
Features of Otterlayer H12-series overhoods:
- 10"x20" window, attached to fabric using hook and loop strips
- Hard cap with ratchet suspension to secure the hood on the wearer's head and help protect from impact (hard cap included)
- Gold film covered polycarbonate lens is durable and effective at reflecting radiant heat
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.