Otterlayer foundry overhood model H11-BGU provides coverage for head from all sides and also partially coveras chest, shoulders and back. The 7"x11" window at the front is held by a durable aluminum bracket, which makes window replacement easy and fast. This hood is normally supplied with a double layer window - a layer of high-temp plastic for impact protection and a gold-film layer to provide heat reflective properties.
Features of Otterlayer H11-series overhoods:
- 7"x11" window at front - easy to replace
- Hard cap with ratchet suspension to secure the hood on the wearer's head and help protect from impact (hard cap included)
- 2 layer window - high-temp plastic and gold film
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.