Otterlayer's heat resistant foundry necklet model NC1-BGU is a great economical solution for high heat protection needs. When secured on neck, it covers the neck and part of sholders, chest and back of the wearer, helping shed sparks or molten metal splash (depending on necklet material).
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized necklets:
- Secure fit over the neck helsps minimize risk that sparks or splash get into the collar area
- Covers neck as well as part of shoulders, back and chest
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.