Otterlayer's heat resistant foundry leggings LH4-BGU are attached at hips, similar to pants, and are a great solutions for leg protection where used in combination with a coat. They are easier to put on and take off and provide more ventilation compared with pants or bib overalls (and are also more economical), but protect legs from both front and back in most areas when compared to chaps and other types of easy on-off leggings.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized hip-high leggigns:
- Choice of snaps or Velcro at back of legs
- Adjustable belt top
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.
|Closure & attachment||High Heat Velcro||High Heat Velcro||High Heat Velcro||High Heat Velcro||High Heat Velcro||High Heat Velcro||High Heat Velcro||High Heat Velcro||High Heat Velcro||Snaps||Snaps||Snaps||Snaps||Snaps||Snaps||Snaps||Snaps||Snaps|
|Garment Size||Standard size||XL||2XL||Standard size||XL||2XL||Standard size||XL||2XL||Standard size||XL||2XL||Standard size||XL||2XL||Standard size||XL||2XL|