Otterlayer’s spring leggings LR2-BGU with replaceable covers consist of a spring-loaded steel frame and the high heat/aluminized frabric attached to it with snaps. They have extra material for overlap flap at back of leggings, accommodating a wide variety of leg sizes (circumferences of calfs).
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized spring leggings with detachable covers:
- Easy on-off - pull the legging open from back side, slide over leg, tuck the overlap material at back and close, it then holds by itself with spring force
- Fabric attached to spring structure with snaps allows user to reuse the durable metal part, and replace only the cover as it gets dull or damaged over time
- Metal instep bars help hold flare down to foot when wearing these leggings
- 14” high from bottom to top of legging
- 7” flare over top side of foot
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.
|Garment Size||Standard size||XL||2XL|