Otterlayer’s heat resistant foundry bib apron NC3-BGU is a great economical solution for high heat protection needs. It is mounted onto the suspension of a hard hat using 4 Velcro tabs on a fire resistant cotton band, and provides protection for sides of head and neck of wearer.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized NC3-series spark deflectors:
- Mounted onto the suspension of most hard caps, using 4 Velcro tabs on an FR cotton band at top of shroud
- Covers sides and back of head and neck
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.