Otterlayer high heat vented back coat model C12-BGU is a great primary protection layer for people that work in foundries and other environments where they need to be in the vicinity of extremely hot objects, including molten metals. The vented back feature provides additional comfort by reducing moisture build-up under the coat, and allowing more cooling once the person steps away from the heat source.
Features of Otterlayer ventilated back foundry and aluminized coats:
- Overlapping fabric on back with a ventilation gap
- Metal snap front closure with pull tabs to allow easy removal
- Stand-up collar to protect part of the neck and reduce risk of sparks or particles from splashing under the collar
- Sleeves have snaps at wrists, to tighten openings at wrists for better fit with gauntlet style gloves
- Available in various lengths to accomodate different protective needs and allow combinations of full body protection that are most convenient and effective for a particular situation
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.
|Collar Style||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band||Folded Shirt Collar||Folded Shirt Collar||Folded Shirt Collar||Folded Shirt Collar||Folded Shirt Collar||Folded Shirt Collar||Folded Shirt Collar||Folded Shirt Collar|