Otterlayer high heat open back coat model C5J-BGU is a great primary protection layer for people that work in foundries and other environments where they need to be in the vicinity of extremely hot objects, including molten metals. The open back design is great for more controlled environments where exposure to heat and sparks or molten splash is limited to the front of the person. Most coats designed for use in foundries and other hot places are made of thick materials with limited or no breathability, making it uncomfortable to wear for a long time as heat and moisture (sweat) builds up under the coat, thus making a clear benefit of a coat with an open back.
Features of Otterlayer open back foundry and aluminized coats:
- Coat closes at top over shoulders and does not cover the wearer's back and below, allowing significantly more air movement, reducing moisture buildup and helping the person stay cooler when the source of heat is at the front
- Stand-up collar to protect part of the neck and reduce risk of sparks or particles from splashing under the collar
- Sleeves have snaps at wrists, to tighten openings at wrists for better fit with gauntlet style gloves
- Available in various lengths to accomodate different protective needs and allow combinations of full body protection that are most convenient and effective for a particular situation
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.
|Collar Style||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band||Standard Band|