Otterlayer's heat resistant foundry cape sleeves model SL5-BGU is a versatile and convenient solution for high heat protection needs. This allows you to configure a garment to your own needs, replacing areas that wear out at different rates at different times, saving you money in the end. Additionally, you can use different materials for sleeves, opting for a more flexible material, and choosing a thicker and more rugged material for the bib that attaches at bottom of this cape sleeve.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized cape sleeves:
- Covers arms and shoulders as well as upper chest
- Bib to cover stomach is sold separately - it can be attached using snaps on cape sleeves
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.