Otterlayer’s heat resistant waist apron AW1-BGU is a great economical solution for those that have extra wear or heat exposure near the front waist area. Tie this small apron over your other protective clothing to help extend the life of such clothing by covering the high-wear area - once the apron wears out, simply get a new apron without needing an whole new jacket or bib.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized waist aprons:
- Edges stitched for additional tear resistance
- Tie at sides around back to secure around waist area
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.