Otterlayer's heat resistant split leg apron model A52-BGU is a convenient and inexpensive solution for high heat protection needs. With a simple design, consisting of a piece of specialty fabric with securely stitched edges, a neck loop and ties at sides for securing around back as well as strings to tie around each leg in two places, these heat resistant aprons provide reliable protection from radiant and contact heat at a low cost.
Features of Otterlayer split leg foundry and aluminized aprons:
- Edges stitched for additional tear resistance
- Ties at top around neck, at sides around back, and in two places around each leg for a secure fit without loose edges
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.