Otterlayer's heat resistant foundry bib apron A51-BGU is a great economical solution for high heat protection needs. With a simple design, consisting of a piece of specialty fabric with securely stitched edges, a neck loop and ties at sides for securing around back, these heat resistant aprons provide reliable protection from radiant and contact heat at a low cost.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized bib aprons:
- Edges stitched for additional tear resistance
- Ties at top around neck and at sides around back
BOGUTM, a fabric consisting of TEFLON® PTFE fibers, sheds molten metal and provides outstanding protection from the hazards in foundries, casting and smelting environments.
Protective properties of BOGU foundry clothing material:
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- Rugged, long-lasting material and construction for heavy-duty industrial use
- Thermally durable, with high insulating value
- Withstands repeated industrial launderings
- Molten metal resistance for both aluminum and ferrous metals (iron)
- Withstands contact temperatures as high as 500° F (260° C)
- Resists virtually any chemical, even very toxic and corrosive
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- TEFLON® PTFE fluoropolymer fiber
- Fabric Weight: 21 oz. / sq. yd.