Otterlayer foundry overhood model H11-ATX provides coverage for head from all sides and also partially coveras chest, shoulders and back. The 7"x11" window at the front is held by a durable aluminum bracket, which makes window replacement easy and fast. This hood is normally supplied with a double layer window - a layer of high-temp plastic for impact protection and a gold-film layer to provide heat reflective properties.
Features of Otterlayer H11-series overhoods:
- 7"x11" window at front - easy to replace
- Hard cap with ratchet suspension to secure the hood on the wearer's head and help protect from impact (hard cap included)
- 2 layer window - high-temp plastic and gold film
Aluminized Trutex™ is a non-woven fabric with a para-aramid batting, OPF batting, and meta-aramid scrim which is coated with aluminum on one side. It is constructed using the time tested technique of adhering pure aluminum to both sides of a thin polyester film and adding it to a flame resistant textile substrate.
The base fabric is essentially a carbon para aramid blend which makes it very strong and tear-resistant. It has the characteristic pea green and black speckled appearance, yet has a soft, fleece-like texture.
Aluminized Trutex™ is a great choice for molten metal splash and radiant heat protection. It is relatively light and flexible, and garments made from it will be more comfortable to wear.
Protective properties of aluminized Trutex™ clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- Very good thermal protection - withstands up to 400-600°F contact heat
- Excellent radiant reflectivity
- Radiant heat resistance - up to 2000°F
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Non-woven, para-aramid and OPF batting, meta-aramid scrim with aluminized layer
- Fabric Weight: 10 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||High (500F to 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Medium|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant|