Otterlayer foundry overhood model H11-APB provides coverage for head from all sides and also partially coveras chest, shoulders and back. The 7"x11" window at the front is held by a durable aluminum bracket, which makes window replacement easy and fast. This hood is normally supplied with a double layer window - a layer of high-temp plastic for impact protection and a gold-film layer to provide heat reflective properties.
Features of Otterlayer H11-series overhoods:
- 7"x11" window at front - easy to replace
- Hard cap with ratchet suspension to secure the hood on the wearer's head and help protect from impact (hard cap included)
- 2 layer window - high-temp plastic and gold film
Aluminized PBI is a knit blend of PBI® and para-aramid blend fibers with an aluminized coating. Despite being extremely lightweight and supple, aluminized PBI provides superior resistance to abrasions and chemical solvents. Its lighter weight and flexibility provide wearers with greater comfort and reduced fatigue.
On its own, PBI is an organic fiber with very unique properties. It was originally developed for NASA's Project Apollo, in response to the need for greater heat protection. It does not burn in air, melt or emit toxic fumes. The addition of paraaramid blend provides extra strength and abrasion resistance.
Protective properties of aluminized PBI clothing material:
- Light, comfortable and flexible
- Can withstand very high contact temperatures - withstands contact with objects at temperatures of 800°F+
- Excellent thermal, abrasion and chemical resistance
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Not recommended for heavy molten metal splash
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- PBI® / para-aramid blend fibers with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 7 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Heavy duty|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|