Otterlayer foundry overhood model H11-AX1 provides coverage for head from all sides and also partially coveras chest, shoulders and back. The 7"x11" window at the front is held by a durable aluminum bracket, which makes window replacement easy and fast. This hood is normally supplied with a double layer window - a layer of high-temp plastic for impact protection and a gold-film layer to provide heat reflective properties.
Features of Otterlayer H11-series overhoods:
- 7"x11" window at front - easy to replace
- Hard cap with ratchet suspension to secure the hood on the wearer's head and help protect from impact (hard cap included)
- 2 layer window - high-temp plastic and gold film
CarbonX® is a high-performance, truly non-flammable fabric that will not burn, ignite or melt, and protects against molten metal splash, sparks, hot liquids and high temperatures. Through the Z-Flex® MLATM process or multilayer aluminization the CarbonX® base becomes coated with several layers of aluminum, protective films and high heat adhesives. If one layer breaks down, there is another available to protect.
At 10 oz. / sq. yd., Aluminized CarbonX® is among the lightest fabrics that can pass the ASTM F955 pour test for both aluminum and iron. It also receives high marks for radiant heat protection and aluminum and iron molten metal splash resistance according to the European standard EN ISO 11612.
Protective properties of aluminized CarbonX clothing material:
- Lightweight, flexible and comfortable
- Resists molten aluminum and iron splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Good insulation coefficient based on material thickness
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- CarbonX®, a proprietary blend of highperformance fibers with Z-Flex® Multi-Layer Aluminization
- Fabric Weight: 10 oz. / sq. yd
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant|