Otterlayer foundry wideview overhood model H12-ACF provides coverage for head from all sides and also partially coveras chest, shoulders and back. The wide view window at the front is securely attached using high-temperature resistant hook and loop material.
Features of Otterlayer H12-series overhoods:
- 10"x20" window, attached to fabric using hook and loop strips
- Hard cap with ratchet suspension to secure the hood on the wearer's head and help protect from impact (hard cap included)
- Gold film covered polycarbonate lens is durable and effective at reflecting radiant heat
Carbonized fibers blended with rayon knit fleece make up the base of the aluminized carbon fleece fabric used to make this garment. It is inherently flame resistant, protects against molten metal splash, provides maximum temperature resistance and will not burn, melt or ignite.
Protective properties of aluminized carbonized fleece clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Will not melt or ignite
- Good heat insulation abilities
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Carbonized fibers combined with rayon knit fleece with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 12 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant|