Otterlayer foundry overhood model H11-ACF provides coverage for head from all sides and also partially coveras chest, shoulders and back. The 7"x11" window at the front is held by a durable aluminum bracket, which makes window replacement easy and fast. This hood is normally supplied with a double layer window - a layer of high-temp plastic for impact protection and a gold-film layer to provide heat reflective properties.
Features of Otterlayer H11-series overhoods:
- 7"x11" window at front - easy to replace
- Hard cap with ratchet suspension to secure the hood on the wearer's head and help protect from impact (hard cap included)
- 2 layer window - high-temp plastic and gold film
Carbonized fibers blended with rayon knit fleece make up the base of the aluminized carbon fleece fabric used to make this garment. It is inherently flame resistant, protects against molten metal splash, provides maximum temperature resistance and will not burn, melt or ignite.
Protective properties of aluminized carbonized fleece clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Will not melt or ignite
- Good heat insulation abilities
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Carbonized fibers combined with rayon knit fleece with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 12 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant|