Otterlayer’s heat resistant foundry necklet model NC1-APB is a great economical solution for high heat protection needs. When secured on neck, it covers the neck and part of sholders, chest and back of the wearer, helping shed sparks or molten metal splash (depending on necklet material).
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized necklets:
- Secure fit over the neck helsps minimize risk that sparks or splash get into the collar area
- Covers neck as well as part of shoulders, back and chest
Aluminized PBI is a knit blend of PBI® and para-aramid blend fibers with an aluminized coating. Despite being extremely lightweight and supple, aluminized PBI provides superior resistance to abrasions and chemical solvents. Its lighter weight and flexibility provide wearers with greater comfort and reduced fatigue.
On its own, PBI is an organic fiber with very unique properties. It was originally developed for NASA’s Project Apollo, in response to the need for greater heat protection. It does not burn in air, melt or emit toxic fumes. The addition of paraaramid blend provides extra strength and abrasion resistance.
Protective properties of aluminized PBI clothing material:
- Light, comfortable and flexible
- Can withstand very high contact temperatures - withstands contact with objects at temperatures of 800°F+
- Excellent thermal, abrasion and chemical resistance
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Not recommended for heavy molten metal splash
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- PBI® / para-aramid blend fibers with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 7 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Heavy duty|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|