Otterlayer's heat resistant foundry necklet model NC1-ACF is a great economical solution for high heat protection needs. When secured on neck, it covers the neck and part of sholders, chest and back of the wearer, helping shed sparks or molten metal splash (depending on necklet material).
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized necklets:
- Secure fit over the neck helsps minimize risk that sparks or splash get into the collar area
- Covers neck as well as part of shoulders, back and chest
Carbonized fibers blended with rayon knit fleece make up the base of the aluminized carbon fleece fabric used to make this garment. It is inherently flame resistant, protects against molten metal splash, provides maximum temperature resistance and will not burn, melt or ignite.
Protective properties of aluminized carbonized fleece clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Will not melt or ignite
- Good heat insulation abilities
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Carbonized fibers combined with rayon knit fleece with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 12 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant|