Otterlayer’s spring leggings LR2-ATX with replaceable covers consist of a spring-loaded steel frame and the high heat/aluminized frabric attached to it with snaps. They have extra material for overlap flap at back of leggings, accommodating a wide variety of leg sizes (circumferences of calfs).
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized spring leggings with detachable covers:
- Easy on-off - pull the legging open from back side, slide over leg, tuck the overlap material at back and close, it then holds by itself with spring force
- Fabric attached to spring structure with snaps allows user to reuse the durable metal part, and replace only the cover as it gets dull or damaged over time
- Metal instep bars help hold flare down to foot when wearing these leggings
- 14” high from bottom to top of legging
- 7” flare over top side of foot
Aluminized Trutex™ is a non-woven fabric with a para-aramid batting, OPF batting, and meta-aramid scrim which is coated with aluminum on one side. It is constructed using the time tested technique of adhering pure aluminum to both sides of a thin polyester film and adding it to a flame resistant textile substrate.
The base fabric is essentially a carbon para aramid blend which makes it very strong and tear-resistant. It has the characteristic pea green and black speckled appearance, yet has a soft, fleece-like texture.
Aluminized Trutex™ is a great choice for molten metal splash and radiant heat protection. It is relatively light and flexible, and garments made from it will be more comfortable to wear.
Protective properties of aluminized Trutex™ clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- Very good thermal protection - withstands up to 400-600°F contact heat
- Excellent radiant reflectivity
- Radiant heat resistance - up to 2000°F
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Non-woven, para-aramid and OPF batting, meta-aramid scrim with aluminized layer
- Fabric Weight: 10 oz. / sq. yd.
|Garment Size||Standard size||XL||2XL|
|Max contact heat||High (500F to 800F)||High (500F to 800F)||High (500F to 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Medium||Medium||Medium|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|
Otterlayer aluminized leggings, para aramid + carbon, detachable-spring, LR2-APC3$86.30–112.20Each
Otterlayer aluminized leggings, carbon fleece, detachable-spring, LR2-ACF3$121.90–158.50Each
Otterlayer aluminized leggings, CarbonX, detachable-spring, LR2-AX13$127.90–166.30Each
Otterlayer aluminized leggings, para aramid + fiberglass, detachable-spring, LR2-APA3$80.00–104.00Each
Otterlayer aluminized leggings, TruteX, spring, LS2-ATX3$106.10–137.90Each
Otterlayer aluminized leggings, para aramid + PBI, detachable-spring, LR2-APB3$116.20–151.10Each
Otterlayer aluminized leggings, rayon, detachable-spring, LR2-AR13$75.80–98.50Each
Otterlayer aluminized leggings, heavy-duty rayon, detachable-spring, LR2-AR23$78.60–102.20Each
Otterlayer BOGU leggings, detachable-spring, LR2-BGU3$169.70–220.60Each
Otterlayer aluminized leggings, CarbonX, spring, LS2-AX13$121.40–157.80Each
Otterlayer aluminized leggings, TruteX, Velcro, LV2-ATX3$73.10–95.00Each
Otterlayer aluminized spats, TruteX, LV1-ATX3$47.30–61.50Each