Otterlayer's leggings LV2-AX1 with Velcro closure are flexible, economical and easy to store. They have a high-heat resistant strip of Velcro running vertically the full length of legging at the back.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized spring leggings:
- Easy on-off using Velcro closure at back - wide Velcro strips running full length of leggings allow some adjustability for calf circumference
- Metal instep bars help hold flare down to foot when wearing these leggings
- 14" high from bottom to top of legging
- 8.5" flare over top side of foot
CarbonX® is a high-performance, truly non-flammable fabric that will not burn, ignite or melt, and protects against molten metal splash, sparks, hot liquids and high temperatures. Through the Z-Flex® MLATM process or multilayer aluminization the CarbonX® base becomes coated with several layers of aluminum, protective films and high heat adhesives. If one layer breaks down, there is another available to protect.
At 10 oz. / sq. yd., Aluminized CarbonX® is among the lightest fabrics that can pass the ASTM F955 pour test for both aluminum and iron. It also receives high marks for radiant heat protection and aluminum and iron molten metal splash resistance according to the European standard EN ISO 11612.
Protective properties of aluminized CarbonX clothing material:
- Lightweight, flexible and comfortable
- Resists molten aluminum and iron splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Good insulation coefficient based on material thickness
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- CarbonX®, a proprietary blend of highperformance fibers with Z-Flex® Multi-Layer Aluminization
- Fabric Weight: 10 oz. / sq. yd
|Garment Size||Standard size||XL||2XL|
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low||Low||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|