Otterlayer's spring leggings LR2-AX1 with replaceable covers consist of a spring-loaded steel frame and the high heat/aluminized frabric attached to it with snaps. They have extra material for overlap flap at back of leggings, accommodating a wide variety of leg sizes (circumferences of calfs).
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized spring leggings with detachable covers:
- Easy on-off - pull the legging open from back side, slide over leg, tuck the overlap material at back and close, it then holds by itself with spring force
- Fabric attached to spring structure with snaps allows user to reuse the durable metal part, and replace only the cover as it gets dull or damaged over time
- Metal instep bars help hold flare down to foot when wearing these leggings
- 14" high from bottom to top of legging
- 7" flare over top side of foot
CarbonX® is a high-performance, truly non-flammable fabric that will not burn, ignite or melt, and protects against molten metal splash, sparks, hot liquids and high temperatures. Through the Z-Flex® MLATM process or multilayer aluminization the CarbonX® base becomes coated with several layers of aluminum, protective films and high heat adhesives. If one layer breaks down, there is another available to protect.
At 10 oz. / sq. yd., Aluminized CarbonX® is among the lightest fabrics that can pass the ASTM F955 pour test for both aluminum and iron. It also receives high marks for radiant heat protection and aluminum and iron molten metal splash resistance according to the European standard EN ISO 11612.
Protective properties of aluminized CarbonX clothing material:
- Lightweight, flexible and comfortable
- Resists molten aluminum and iron splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Good insulation coefficient based on material thickness
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- CarbonX®, a proprietary blend of highperformance fibers with Z-Flex® Multi-Layer Aluminization
- Fabric Weight: 10 oz. / sq. yd
|Garment Size||Standard size||XL||2XL|
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low||Low||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|