Otterlayer’s leggings LV2-ACF with Velcro closure are flexible, economical and easy to store. They have a high-heat resistant strip of Velcro running vertically the full length of legging at the back.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized spring leggings:
- Easy on-off using Velcro closure at back - wide Velcro strips running full length of leggings allow some adjustability for calf circumference
- Metal instep bars help hold flare down to foot when wearing these leggings
- 14” high from bottom to top of legging
- 8.5” flare over top side of foot
Carbonized fibers blended with rayon knit fleece make up the base of the aluminized carbon fleece fabric used to make this garment. It is inherently flame resistant, protects against molten metal splash, provides maximum temperature resistance and will not burn, melt or ignite.
Protective properties of aluminized carbonized fleece clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Will not melt or ignite
- Good heat insulation abilities
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Carbonized fibers combined with rayon knit fleece with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 12 oz. / sq. yd.
|Garment Size||Standard size||XL||2XL|
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low||Low||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|