Otterlayer's spring leggings LR2-ACF with replaceable covers consist of a spring-loaded steel frame and the high heat/aluminized frabric attached to it with snaps. They have extra material for overlap flap at back of leggings, accommodating a wide variety of leg sizes (circumferences of calfs).
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized spring leggings with detachable covers:
- Easy on-off - pull the legging open from back side, slide over leg, tuck the overlap material at back and close, it then holds by itself with spring force
- Fabric attached to spring structure with snaps allows user to reuse the durable metal part, and replace only the cover as it gets dull or damaged over time
- Metal instep bars help hold flare down to foot when wearing these leggings
- 14" high from bottom to top of legging
- 7" flare over top side of foot
Carbonized fibers blended with rayon knit fleece make up the base of the aluminized carbon fleece fabric used to make this garment. It is inherently flame resistant, protects against molten metal splash, provides maximum temperature resistance and will not burn, melt or ignite.
Protective properties of aluminized carbonized fleece clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Will not melt or ignite
- Good heat insulation abilities
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Carbonized fibers combined with rayon knit fleece with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 12 oz. / sq. yd.
|Garment Size||Standard size||XL||2XL|
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low||Low||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|