Otterlayer’s heat resistant foundry bib apron NC3-ACF is a great economical solution for high heat protection needs. It is mounted onto the suspension of a hard hat using 4 Velcro tabs on a fire resistant cotton band, and provides protection for sides of head and neck of wearer.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized NC3-series spark deflectors:
- Mounted onto the suspension of most hard caps, using 4 Velcro tabs on an FR cotton band at top of shroud
- Covers sides and back of head and neck
Carbonized fibers blended with rayon knit fleece make up the base of the aluminized carbon fleece fabric used to make this garment. It is inherently flame resistant, protects against molten metal splash, provides maximum temperature resistance and will not burn, melt or ignite.
Protective properties of aluminized carbonized fleece clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Will not melt or ignite
- Good heat insulation abilities
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Carbonized fibers combined with rayon knit fleece with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 12 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant|