Otterlayer's heat resistant foundry cap sleeves model SC5-ATX are an economic and convenient way to protect your arms and shoulders from extra heat or protect the garments underneath from wear.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized cap sleeves:
- Full arm length, reaching from wrist up, and partially covering shoulder
- Wrist closure to limit sleeve from sliding down hand or up the arm
Aluminized Trutex™ is a non-woven fabric with a para-aramid batting, OPF batting, and meta-aramid scrim which is coated with aluminum on one side. It is constructed using the time tested technique of adhering pure aluminum to both sides of a thin polyester film and adding it to a flame resistant textile substrate.
The base fabric is essentially a carbon para aramid blend which makes it very strong and tear-resistant. It has the characteristic pea green and black speckled appearance, yet has a soft, fleece-like texture.
Aluminized Trutex™ is a great choice for molten metal splash and radiant heat protection. It is relatively light and flexible, and garments made from it will be more comfortable to wear.
Protective properties of aluminized Trutex™ clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- Very good thermal protection - withstands up to 400-600°F contact heat
- Excellent radiant reflectivity
- Radiant heat resistance - up to 2000°F
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Non-woven, para-aramid and OPF batting, meta-aramid scrim with aluminized layer
- Fabric Weight: 10 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||High (500F to 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Medium|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant|