Otterlayer’s heat resistant foundry cape sleeves model SL5-ACF is a versatile and convenient solution for high heat protection needs. This allows you to configure a garment to your own needs, replacing areas that wear out at different rates at different times, saving you money in the end. Additionally, you can use different materials for sleeves, opting for a more flexible material, and choosing a thicker and more rugged material for the bib that attaches at bottom of this cape sleeve.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized cape sleeves:
- Covers arms and shoulders as well as upper chest
- Bib to cover stomach is sold separately - it can be attached using snaps on cape sleeves
Carbonized fibers blended with rayon knit fleece make up the base of the aluminized carbon fleece fabric used to make this garment. It is inherently flame resistant, protects against molten metal splash, provides maximum temperature resistance and will not burn, melt or ignite.
Protective properties of aluminized carbonized fleece clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Will not melt or ignite
- Good heat insulation abilities
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Carbonized fibers combined with rayon knit fleece with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 12 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low||Low||Low||Low||Low||Low||Low||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant||Resistant|