Otterlayer's heat resistant foundry bib SLB-ACF shoudl be used with a corresponding cape sleeve (can use different materials). It is easy and quick to attach this bib to the cape sleeve using pre-installed snaps, then just tie it around the back for a mroe secure fit.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized cape sleeves:
- Pre-installed snaps at top of bib allow easy attachment to cape sleeves
- Bib is 19" long from top to (point where it snaps on) to bottom
- Covers lower part of chest and stomach
Carbonized fibers blended with rayon knit fleece make up the base of the aluminized carbon fleece fabric used to make this garment. It is inherently flame resistant, protects against molten metal splash, provides maximum temperature resistance and will not burn, melt or ignite.
Protective properties of aluminized carbonized fleece clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Will not melt or ignite
- Good heat insulation abilities
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Carbonized fibers combined with rayon knit fleece with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 12 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant|