Otterlayer's heat resistant split leg apron model A32-AR2 is a convenient and inexpensive solution for high heat protection needs. With a simple design, consisting of a piece of specialty fabric with securely stitched edges, a neck loop and ties at sides for securing around back as well as strings to tie around each leg in two places, these heat resistant aprons provide reliable protection from radiant and contact heat at a low cost.
Features of Otterlayer split leg foundry and aluminized aprons:
- Edges stitched for additional tear resistance
- Ties at top around neck, at sides around back, and in two places around each leg for a secure fit without loose edges
Protective properties of aluminized heavy rayon clothing material:
- Resists molten iron and aluminum splash
- High heat resistance - able to withstand 400-600°F
- Radiant heat resistance - up to 2000°F
- Economical material
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Rayon woven fabric finished with an aluminized coating
- Fabric Weight: 19 oz. per sq. yd.