Otterlayer's heat resistant waist apron AW1-AX1 is a great economical solution for those that have extra wear or heat exposure near the front waist area. Tie this small apron over your other protective clothing to help extend the life of such clothing by covering the high-wear area - once the apron wears out, simply get a new apron without needing an whole new jacket or bib.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized waist aprons:
- Edges stitched for additional tear resistance
- Tie at sides around back to secure around waist area
CarbonX® is a high-performance, truly non-flammable fabric that will not burn, ignite or melt, and protects against molten metal splash, sparks, hot liquids and high temperatures. Through the Z-Flex® MLATM process or multilayer aluminization the CarbonX® base becomes coated with several layers of aluminum, protective films and high heat adhesives. If one layer breaks down, there is another available to protect.
At 10 oz. / sq. yd., Aluminized CarbonX® is among the lightest fabrics that can pass the ASTM F955 pour test for both aluminum and iron. It also receives high marks for radiant heat protection and aluminum and iron molten metal splash resistance according to the European standard EN ISO 11612.
Protective properties of aluminized CarbonX clothing material:
- Lightweight, flexible and comfortable
- Resists molten aluminum and iron splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Good insulation coefficient based on material thickness
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- CarbonX®, a proprietary blend of highperformance fibers with Z-Flex® Multi-Layer Aluminization
- Fabric Weight: 10 oz. / sq. yd