Otterlayer’s heat resistant split leg apron model A22-AX1 is a convenient and inexpensive solution for high heat protection needs. With a simple design, consisting of a piece of specialty fabric with securely stitched edges, a neck loop and ties at sides for securing around back as well as strings to tie around each leg in two places, these heat resistant aprons provide reliable protection from radiant and contact heat at a low cost.
Features of Otterlayer split leg foundry and aluminized aprons:
- Edges stitched for additional tear resistance
- Ties at top around neck, at sides around back, and in two places around each leg for a secure fit without loose edges
CarbonX® is a high-performance, truly non-flammable fabric that will not burn, ignite or melt, and protects against molten metal splash, sparks, hot liquids and high temperatures. Through the Z-Flex® MLATM process or multilayer aluminization the CarbonX® base becomes coated with several layers of aluminum, protective films and high heat adhesives. If one layer breaks down, there is another available to protect.
At 10 oz. / sq. yd., Aluminized CarbonX® is among the lightest fabrics that can pass the ASTM F955 pour test for both aluminum and iron. It also receives high marks for radiant heat protection and aluminum and iron molten metal splash resistance according to the European standard EN ISO 11612.
Protective properties of aluminized CarbonX clothing material:
- Lightweight, flexible and comfortable
- Resists molten aluminum and iron splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Good insulation coefficient based on material thickness
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- CarbonX®, a proprietary blend of highperformance fibers with Z-Flex® Multi-Layer Aluminization
- Fabric Weight: 10 oz. / sq. yd
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant|