Otterlayer's heat resistant waist apron AW1-ACF is a great economical solution for those that have extra wear or heat exposure near the front waist area. Tie this small apron over your other protective clothing to help extend the life of such clothing by covering the high-wear area - once the apron wears out, simply get a new apron without needing an whole new jacket or bib.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized waist aprons:
- Edges stitched for additional tear resistance
- Tie at sides around back to secure around waist area
Carbonized fibers blended with rayon knit fleece make up the base of the aluminized carbon fleece fabric used to make this garment. It is inherently flame resistant, protects against molten metal splash, provides maximum temperature resistance and will not burn, melt or ignite.
Protective properties of aluminized carbonized fleece clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Will not melt or ignite
- Good heat insulation abilities
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Carbonized fibers combined with rayon knit fleece with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 12 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant|