Otterlayer's heat resistant foundry bib apron A21-ACF is a great economical solution for high heat protection needs. With a simple design, consisting of a piece of specialty fabric with securely stitched edges, a neck loop and ties at sides for securing around back, these heat resistant aprons provide reliable protection from radiant and contact heat at a low cost.
Features of Otterlayer foundry and aluminized bib aprons:
- Edges stitched for additional tear resistance
- Ties at top around neck and at sides around back
Carbonized fibers blended with rayon knit fleece make up the base of the aluminized carbon fleece fabric used to make this garment. It is inherently flame resistant, protects against molten metal splash, provides maximum temperature resistance and will not burn, melt or ignite.
Protective properties of aluminized carbonized fleece clothing material:
- Lightweight, soft and flexible
- Protects against both molten iron and aluminum splash
- High temperature resistance - withstands over 800°F contact temperature
- Radiant heat protection - up to 2000°F
- Will not melt or ignite
- Good heat insulation abilities
Fabric composition and characteristics:
- Carbonized fibers combined with rayon knit fleece with aluminum coating
- Fabric Weight: 12 oz. / sq. yd.
|Max contact heat||Very high (over 800F)|
|Abrasion and tear resistance||Low|
|Radiant heat protection||Yes|
|Molten aluminum splash||Resistant|
|Molten iron splash||Resistant|